10 memorable plays from BYU football season
#10 - Joe Sampson's returned fumble for a TD vs. Hawaii »1 of 10 «
Tom Smart, Deseret News
The game was still a close one with BYU leading 17-13 with 9:48 remaining in the third quarter. At that point, inside linebacker Uona Kaveinga forced a fumble from Hawaii running back Joey Iosefa. The fumble was scooped up by defensive back Joe Sampson and taken all the way back for a touchdown. After that play, the romp was on, as BYU went on to score the next 17 points on their way to an easy 41-20 victory.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 99
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 74
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32