10 memorable plays from BYU football season
#10 - Joe Sampson's returned fumble for a TD vs. Hawaii »1 of 10 «
Tom Smart, Deseret News
The game was still a close one with BYU leading 17-13 with 9:48 remaining in the third quarter. At that point, inside linebacker Uona Kaveinga forced a fumble from Hawaii running back Joey Iosefa. The fumble was scooped up by defensive back Joe Sampson and taken all the way back for a touchdown. After that play, the romp was on, as BYU went on to score the next 17 points on their way to an easy 41-20 victory.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 50
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 42
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 32
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 27