Top films: The best family fare from 2011
»10 items «
In 2011, the silver screen shone with an abundance of wholesome films. From familiar franchises ("The Muppets," "Winnie the Pooh") to under-the-radar Christian-themed fare ("Warrior," "Courageous"), you could find it all at the movies this year. With the year coming to a close, we offer our top family movies of 2011. They were chosen not just for their level of appropriateness (in fact, many are not recommended for very young audiences), but for storytelling and themes that convey positive values and teaching moments. Films are listed in the order they were released. And don't be holding your breath hoping to find "Bridesmaids" or the latest "Harold and Kumar" reboot. We only considered movies we think parents will feel comfortable taking teens to see.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- 5 parenting lessons learned from movies
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
Most Commented Across Site
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 108
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49