Top films: The best family fare from 2011
»10 items «
In 2011, the silver screen shone with an abundance of wholesome films. From familiar franchises ("The Muppets," "Winnie the Pooh") to under-the-radar Christian-themed fare ("Warrior," "Courageous"), you could find it all at the movies this year. With the year coming to a close, we offer our top family movies of 2011. They were chosen not just for their level of appropriateness (in fact, many are not recommended for very young audiences), but for storytelling and themes that convey positive values and teaching moments. Films are listed in the order they were released. And don't be holding your breath hoping to find "Bridesmaids" or the latest "Harold and Kumar" reboot. We only considered movies we think parents will feel comfortable taking teens to see.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- New mission presidents
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
Most Commented Across Site
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 98
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 88
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt... 87
- Memphis to punish 12 players for role... 78
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts... 77
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 71
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- BYU makes clear there are 3 exceptions... 63