Top films: The best family fare from 2011
»10 items «
In 2011, the silver screen shone with an abundance of wholesome films. From familiar franchises ("The Muppets," "Winnie the Pooh") to under-the-radar Christian-themed fare ("Warrior," "Courageous"), you could find it all at the movies this year. With the year coming to a close, we offer our top family movies of 2011. They were chosen not just for their level of appropriateness (in fact, many are not recommended for very young audiences), but for storytelling and themes that convey positive values and teaching moments. Films are listed in the order they were released. And don't be holding your breath hoping to find "Bridesmaids" or the latest "Harold and Kumar" reboot. We only considered movies we think parents will feel comfortable taking teens to see.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
Most Commented Across Site
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 88
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 54
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49