Top films: The best family fare from 2011
»10 items «
In 2011, the silver screen shone with an abundance of wholesome films. From familiar franchises ("The Muppets," "Winnie the Pooh") to under-the-radar Christian-themed fare ("Warrior," "Courageous"), you could find it all at the movies this year. With the year coming to a close, we offer our top family movies of 2011. They were chosen not just for their level of appropriateness (in fact, many are not recommended for very young audiences), but for storytelling and themes that convey positive values and teaching moments. Films are listed in the order they were released. And don't be holding your breath hoping to find "Bridesmaids" or the latest "Harold and Kumar" reboot. We only considered movies we think parents will feel comfortable taking teens to see.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after big...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- Why I make my kids go to church
- New mission presidents
- LDS girl's imagination takes viewers of a new...
Most Commented Across Site
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 102
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 92
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 76
- Defending the Faith: Even in science,... 70
- Democrats blast Rudy Giuliani for... 68
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Mia Love: Big government needs to get... 64