Top films: The best family fare from 2011
»10 items «
In 2011, the silver screen shone with an abundance of wholesome films. From familiar franchises ("The Muppets," "Winnie the Pooh") to under-the-radar Christian-themed fare ("Warrior," "Courageous"), you could find it all at the movies this year. With the year coming to a close, we offer our top family movies of 2011. They were chosen not just for their level of appropriateness (in fact, many are not recommended for very young audiences), but for storytelling and themes that convey positive values and teaching moments. Films are listed in the order they were released. And don't be holding your breath hoping to find "Bridesmaids" or the latest "Harold and Kumar" reboot. We only considered movies we think parents will feel comfortable taking teens to see.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
Most Commented Across Site
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 143
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 107
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 104
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 76
- Morning links: Phil Steele discusses... 72
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71