USA Today/Gallup poll: Most Admired men of 2011
#10 - Thomas S. Monson »1 of 10 «
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Thomas S. Monson grew up in Utah and served in the navy near the end of World War II. After graduating in business from the University of Utah, he worked as an advertising executive for and eventual general manager of the Deseret News. His service for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints began at an early age, when he was called as a bishop at age 22. Since then he has served in various capacities for the LDS Church and was called as an apostle for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 36. He has served as President of the LDS Church since 2008 and has overseen the dedication of multiple LDS Temples during his time as the Church's prophet. He is known for his charity during his time as an LDS bishop and as an apostle, as well as for his remarkable memory and gift for story telling.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- 13,740 acres burned in Antelope Island fire
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: I know what it's...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat about this...
- Reports: BYU's Chase Fischer to play for...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the... 48
- Obama rejects Trump depiction of US in... 39
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Trump speechwriter apologizes for... 27
- Police give all-clear in Munich... 25
- Thunderous boos for Cruz for refusing... 22