USA Today/Gallup poll: Most Admired men of 2011
#10 - Thomas S. Monson »1 of 10 «
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Thomas S. Monson grew up in Utah and served in the navy near the end of World War II. After graduating in business from the University of Utah, he worked as an advertising executive for and eventual general manager of the Deseret News. His service for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints began at an early age, when he was called as a bishop at age 22. Since then he has served in various capacities for the LDS Church and was called as an apostle for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 36. He has served as President of the LDS Church since 2008 and has overseen the dedication of multiple LDS Temples during his time as the Church's prophet. He is known for his charity during his time as an LDS bishop and as an apostle, as well as for his remarkable memory and gift for story telling.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Photo gallery: Tornado rips Oklahoma suburb
- Fire chief says search almost complete in...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who took...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 65
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- Journalists criticize Obama... 37
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23