USA Today/Gallup poll: Most Admired men of 2011
#10 - Thomas S. Monson »1 of 10 «
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Thomas S. Monson grew up in Utah and served in the navy near the end of World War II. After graduating in business from the University of Utah, he worked as an advertising executive for and eventual general manager of the Deseret News. His service for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints began at an early age, when he was called as a bishop at age 22. Since then he has served in various capacities for the LDS Church and was called as an apostle for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 36. He has served as President of the LDS Church since 2008 and has overseen the dedication of multiple LDS Temples during his time as the Church's prophet. He is known for his charity during his time as an LDS bishop and as an apostle, as well as for his remarkable memory and gift for story telling.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 54
- Rep. Trey Gowdy: Hillary Clinton wiped... 48
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 36
- Senate's Harry Reid announces he won't... 34
- Alone at controls, Germanwings co-pilot... 27
- Preparing for 2016 campaign, Hillary... 17
- Military: Bowe Bergdahl may face life... 17