USA Today/Gallup poll: Most Admired men of 2011
#10 - Thomas S. Monson »1 of 10 «
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Thomas S. Monson grew up in Utah and served in the navy near the end of World War II. After graduating in business from the University of Utah, he worked as an advertising executive for and eventual general manager of the Deseret News. His service for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints began at an early age, when he was called as a bishop at age 22. Since then he has served in various capacities for the LDS Church and was called as an apostle for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 36. He has served as President of the LDS Church since 2008 and has overseen the dedication of multiple LDS Temples during his time as the Church's prophet. He is known for his charity during his time as an LDS bishop and as an apostle, as well as for his remarkable memory and gift for story telling.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- Dick Harmon: Nike designing a shoe...
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him to...
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback? Hill?...
- Lessons learned from 1996 season still ring...
- The Book of Mormon is a 'miraculous miracle,'...
- Ruby Girl: New website aims to give LDS young...
- House Republicans' report faults Obama... 54
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Did Trump really just become a... 38
- Big ruling for abortion rights in... 36
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Final Benghazi report: No 'smoking gun'... 31
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Trump gets rock-bottom ratings in... 27