Top LDS events of 2011
»11 items «
Winslow Townson, Associated Press
Mormon presidential candidates, unprecedented media exposure and celebrating the 75th anniversary of the church welfare program were among the list of noteworthy Latter-day Saint-related events of 2011. The bright spotlight on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, including scrutiny of presidential hopefuls Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman Jr., "The Book of Mormon" Broadway musical and the "I'm a Mormon" campaign, placed the church in a new, unique position. Also notable was news of the church's 75th anniversary of the welfare program and service outreach.
»11 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- How much America wants to be taxed 9
- It's not just young people —... 6
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Dempsey: Half of Iraqi army not OK as... 4