The 10 states with the least restrictive gun laws
The Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence has developed a point system that measures the relative strength of all 50 states' gun laws with states gaining points for laws that are strict and states losing points for laws that are more lenient.
This list focused on the 10 U.S. states with the least restrictive gun laws.
States gain points for laws that require universal background checks, limit bulk firearms purchases and other similar gun laws. States lose points for laws that allow hidden, loaded guns in schools and in bars, allow concealed weapons in public without a permit and other similar laws.
The Gun Death Rank indicates the number of gun related deaths the state has had in comparison with the other 50 states.
The state constitutional provisions and other state laws are quoted from NRA-ILA.
This list focuses on gun laws enacted after the 2012 Sandy Hook shootings.
- New mission presidents
- Elizabeth Smart picks BYU rape response for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney challenging...
- New temple presidents
- Tips & Tricks: 6 reasons you may be getting...
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Dave Rose anxious to get...
- Doug Robinson: $280M UCLA deal breaks record,...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 96
- Anti-Trump protests turn violent... 47
- Why the University of Miami plans to... 45
- Clinton faulted on emails by State... 40
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Delegates in hand, Trump says he's got... 33
- Obama: World leaders rightfully... 29
- In Hiroshima, Obama honors 'silent cry'... 24