10 standout Christmas Jar miracles from 2011
"As we drove downtown, we were hoping to give it to a homeless family in great need. We decided to drive around in the area where those who are homeless are usually gathered.
"We parked near a homeless shelter, and after we waited for about 20 minutes an older car drove up and parked near the entrance.
"I went to the driver's window and started a conversation with the occupants. I found out they were a homeless family of four waiting for the shelter to open, so they could secure a place to stay for the night; it was going to be a cold night.
"My wife and I presented them with our Christmas Jar. They were so happy and appreciative! I will never forget that joyous feeling of being able to help that familiy in their time of need.
"We wished them a Merry Christmas and left seeing their hands waving and faces smiling. God bless them and all of you, and may you all have a happy and fruitful new year.
"By the way, next year's Christmas Jar is already receiving funds."
Photo caption: Christmas Jar sighting in Washington, D.C.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 46
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see... 13
- The rough road of single motherhood... 11
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 11
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation... 8
- Dad tires of hearing hit 'Frozen' song,... 7
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes' 6