Top 10 intercultural blunders of 2011
»10 items «
Chicago Sun-Times, Keith Hale/Associated Press
Throughout the year, intercultural blunders in business, politics, and pop culture have given us a laugh and, occasionally, a reason to stop and think about the hazards of navigating an increasingly interconnected world. Some of these gaffes provide great lessons of what not to do, while others show good examples of how to recover or make amends for such mistakes. Almost all are cringeworthy, and a few are even humorous. In no particular order, here is my list of the Top 10 intercultural blunders in 2011, along with a list of winners who help us see a positive side to these unfortunate incidents.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Alex Boye to make second appearance on NBC's...
- Job insecurity is the new normal. Here's how...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Herbert pleads with Obama to stop any new...
- 20 things I wish I would have known before...
- How government policy created ghettos,...
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 18
- Why the 9 to 5 factory work isn't... 17
- Who wins and loses under Obama's... 12
- Higher wages a surprising success for... 11
- What consumers need to know about chip... 6
- Sex and violence harm rather than help... 5
- Contractor fined for employing children... 4
- Which Utah city is ranked highest for... 2