Top 10 intercultural blunders of 2011
»10 items «
Chicago Sun-Times, Keith Hale/Associated Press
Throughout the year, intercultural blunders in business, politics, and pop culture have given us a laugh and, occasionally, a reason to stop and think about the hazards of navigating an increasingly interconnected world. Some of these gaffes provide great lessons of what not to do, while others show good examples of how to recover or make amends for such mistakes. Almost all are cringeworthy, and a few are even humorous. In no particular order, here is my list of the Top 10 intercultural blunders in 2011, along with a list of winners who help us see a positive side to these unfortunate incidents.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- Fear of pending apocalypse led to...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 60
- Utah has fourth largest gender wage... 12
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Greek radical left wins election,... 3
- Knocking doors: What to know before... 3
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 2
- Faith leaders: your secret weapon in... 2
- $2 gasoline: Good times keep rolling at... 1