Top 10 intercultural blunders of 2011
»10 items «
Chicago Sun-Times, Keith Hale/Associated Press
Throughout the year, intercultural blunders in business, politics, and pop culture have given us a laugh and, occasionally, a reason to stop and think about the hazards of navigating an increasingly interconnected world. Some of these gaffes provide great lessons of what not to do, while others show good examples of how to recover or make amends for such mistakes. Almost all are cringeworthy, and a few are even humorous. In no particular order, here is my list of the Top 10 intercultural blunders in 2011, along with a list of winners who help us see a positive side to these unfortunate incidents.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Arizona family shares Christmas greetings...
- Little difference between PG-13 and R-rated...
- Utah Utes basketball: AD Chris Hill doesn't...
- Young adults are faced with risky... 13
- The American Dream is still alive for... 11
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- System failure to blame for delayed... 9
- Leavitt stresses importance of allies,... 8
- WestJet airline video goes viral as... 4
- Utah gas prices among lowest in nation 4
- Companies make CEO changes in U.S. and... 3