Top 10 intercultural blunders of 2011
»10 items «
Chicago Sun-Times, Keith Hale/Associated Press
Throughout the year, intercultural blunders in business, politics, and pop culture have given us a laugh and, occasionally, a reason to stop and think about the hazards of navigating an increasingly interconnected world. Some of these gaffes provide great lessons of what not to do, while others show good examples of how to recover or make amends for such mistakes. Almost all are cringeworthy, and a few are even humorous. In no particular order, here is my list of the Top 10 intercultural blunders in 2011, along with a list of winners who help us see a positive side to these unfortunate incidents.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 5
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4
- Rebate or tax credit? Clean air... 3
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs 2
- Where’s the app for an earthquake... 2
- Bus ads bringing thousands of dollars... 2