10 memorable Utah-BYU games at the Huntsman Center
#10 - Jan. 19, 2008: BYU 55, Utah 52 »1 of 10 «
Michael Brandy, Deseret News archives
In a game where a couple of good-shooting teams shot horribly from 3-point range, this game came down to a couple of wide-open 3-pointers. The Cougars made theirs and the Utes didn't, and the result was a hard-fought BYU victory. The game was tied at 50 with less than three minutes left when Utah's Tyler Kepkay missed a wide-open 3-pointer from the left corner. At the other end BYU's Sam Burgess sank his open 3-pointer to put the Cougars up by three. After pulling within 53-52, the Utes had two more chances to go ahead, but Luka Drca missed the front end of a one-and-one and Kepkay missed on a drive to the basket. Lee Cummard led BYU with 19 points and 9 rebounds.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
- A year later, a look at the Utah decision on...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 40
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28