10 memorable Utah-BYU games at the Huntsman Center
#10 - Jan. 19, 2008: BYU 55, Utah 52 »1 of 10 «
Michael Brandy, Deseret News archives
In a game where a couple of good-shooting teams shot horribly from 3-point range, this game came down to a couple of wide-open 3-pointers. The Cougars made theirs and the Utes didn't, and the result was a hard-fought BYU victory. The game was tied at 50 with less than three minutes left when Utah's Tyler Kepkay missed a wide-open 3-pointer from the left corner. At the other end BYU's Sam Burgess sank his open 3-pointer to put the Cougars up by three. After pulling within 53-52, the Utes had two more chances to go ahead, but Luka Drca missed the front end of a one-and-one and Kepkay missed on a drive to the basket. Lee Cummard led BYU with 19 points and 9 rebounds.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Security, firefighters detain woman...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Erin Stewart: Are your possessions stealing...
- Motherhood Matters: 6 ways to help your shy...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 33
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 19
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 11
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7