10 memorable Utah-BYU games at the Huntsman Center
#10 - Jan. 19, 2008: BYU 55, Utah 52 »1 of 10 «
Michael Brandy, Deseret News archives
In a game where a couple of good-shooting teams shot horribly from 3-point range, this game came down to a couple of wide-open 3-pointers. The Cougars made theirs and the Utes didn't, and the result was a hard-fought BYU victory. The game was tied at 50 with less than three minutes left when Utah's Tyler Kepkay missed a wide-open 3-pointer from the left corner. At the other end BYU's Sam Burgess sank his open 3-pointer to put the Cougars up by three. After pulling within 53-52, the Utes had two more chances to go ahead, but Luka Drca missed the front end of a one-and-one and Kepkay missed on a drive to the basket. Lee Cummard led BYU with 19 points and 9 rebounds.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- New temple president