10 memorable Utah-BYU games at the Huntsman Center
#10 - Jan. 19, 2008: BYU 55, Utah 52 »1 of 10 «
Michael Brandy, Deseret News archives
In a game where a couple of good-shooting teams shot horribly from 3-point range, this game came down to a couple of wide-open 3-pointers. The Cougars made theirs and the Utes didn't, and the result was a hard-fought BYU victory. The game was tied at 50 with less than three minutes left when Utah's Tyler Kepkay missed a wide-open 3-pointer from the left corner. At the other end BYU's Sam Burgess sank his open 3-pointer to put the Cougars up by three. After pulling within 53-52, the Utes had two more chances to go ahead, but Luka Drca missed the front end of a one-and-one and Kepkay missed on a drive to the basket. Lee Cummard led BYU with 19 points and 9 rebounds.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28