Top 10 most memorable BYU bowl games
1981 Holiday Bowl — BYU 38, Washington State 36 »1 of 10 «
Deseret News archives
The Cougars jumped out to a 31-7 lead in the third quarter following a Tom Holmoe interception return for a touchdown. They then had to withstand a scoring onslaught by Washington State to preserve the victory. Jim McMahon threw for 342 yards in the game, including a critical 11-yard TD pass to Scott Pettis to put BYU up 38-28 midway through the fourth quarter.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Host of 'The Locator,' former Mormon bishop...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 112
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 62
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 44
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33