The worst states for gender equality
Utah was ranked as the second worst state in the country for economic equality among the sexes in a recent study by personal finance research website Wallet Hub.
According to the survey, the only state that performed worse on the various indicators used to determine economic equality was Wyoming.
Ten different indicators were used to gauge equality in this sense, everything from median pay to life expectancy were considered for the metric.
"It doesn’t take a feminist to convince anyone that the gender gap in 21st-century America remains disgracefully wide," Wallet Hub's Richie Bernardo wrote in the study's introduction. "By highlighting the most and least gender-egalitarian states, we hope to accomplish three goals: help women find the best career opportunities, empower them to keep fighting for their rights and encourage states to learn from one another."Here we've compiled the 25 worst states for gender equality according to Wallet Hub's report. Starting with #25, the worst state on the list is listed as #1.
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- How would LDS be affected by renewed US-Cuba...
- Canada man finds an Elizabeth Gallagher for...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Little Lamb: A babe in white linen on white...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 31