The worst states for gender equality
Utah was ranked as the second worst state in the country for economic equality among the sexes in a recent study by personal finance research website Wallet Hub.
According to the survey, the only state that performed worse on the various indicators used to determine economic equality was Wyoming.
Ten different indicators were used to gauge equality in this sense, everything from median pay to life expectancy were considered for the metric.
"It doesn’t take a feminist to convince anyone that the gender gap in 21st-century America remains disgracefully wide," Wallet Hub's Richie Bernardo wrote in the study's introduction. "By highlighting the most and least gender-egalitarian states, we hope to accomplish three goals: help women find the best career opportunities, empower them to keep fighting for their rights and encourage states to learn from one another."Here we've compiled the 25 worst states for gender equality according to Wallet Hub's report. Starting with #25, the worst state on the list is listed as #1.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 69
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 53
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 38
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 29
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28