15 jobs that are safe from the robot takeover
Worried about losing your day job to some soulless machine? Well, you're not alone.
Some economists are even projecting that 47 percent of "job categories" will become susceptible to automation before the year 2030, according to The Economist.
But have no fear! According to a recent study by the Pew Research Center, there are certain jobs that appear to be safe from the robot takeover.
Here we've listed the 15 jobs that Pew found to be least vulnerable to mechanization, so if you're job is on the outs you now have a full list of more permanent options.
The jobs deemed least likely to become automated were those with the lowest routine-task intensity score (RTI), which was judged by how much of the work depended on "routine tasks with relatively little manual labor or abstract reasoning involved."
On each slide, we've included the total share of U.S. employment for the specified career in both 1980 and 2005, data which was provided by Pew. We've also included how many jobs are currently out there for said occupation, as well as the median pay, courtesy of the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Minority of taxpayers pay majority of... 20
- She paid for a family's groceries and... 5
- Did you file your taxes jointly or... 4
- Finally, Congress OKs bill reshaping... 3
- European vacation as much as 25 percent... 3
- Heavy reliance on US not sustainable,... 3
- Happiness research inspired one... 3
- Why do only half of Americans invest in... 3