The 20 best cities to live in for first-time homeowners
»20 items «
WalletHub compared the 300 largest U.S. cities and ranked them by how friendly they are to first-time homeowners. Some of the requirements of being a homeowner-friendly town include having a high median annual income (Texas towns Frisco, Allen, and McKinney, which all feature on this list, are in the top 5 for this category), housing affordability, low real estate tax, and a low property crime rate, among other factors. Listed here are the top 20 towns with the best average scores in affordability, real estate market, and "community environment."
»20 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 44
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 26
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 8
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Why starting a garden doesn't save you... 6
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4