10 of the most influential protest songs
A Change is Gonna Come - Sam Cooke »10 of 10 «
"Sam Cooke's A Change Is Gonna Come (1963) was influential during the civil rights movement," wrote Peter Wilding on the BBC website. The song, which describes a slow, inevitable change for the better, was meaningful "Particularly after Martin Luther King was killed. Some would say that it played a significant role in bringing white Americans to actively support the move towards equality."
»10 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- New mission presidents
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 71
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- George F. Will: America’s welfare... 22
- Letter: Idle elimination 19