10 of the most influential protest songs
»10 items «
Forty-five years ago this weekend, the Woodstock Music & Art Fair took place in New York. One former participant in Woodstock was quoted in USA Today as saying the festival "was a miracle. It was the real jelly. There was an energy prevalent at Woodstock, and if you surrendered to it, you didn't need to sleep much, you could do amazing things. It would move you." In honor of the Woodstock anniversary and the "real jelly" rebels who attended, compiled here are 10 protest songs that have been widely agreed to be some of the most influential in modern music.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- New mission presidents
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Hate your cable provider? There might be a...
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- Football meets family history: Taysom Hill...
- My view: It is trendy to be extreme in... 47
- Drew Clark: Uniting the Republican... 46
- In our opinion: Why Religious Freedom... 37
- Letter: Obama had no choice 35
- Letter: Breaking rivalry contract 29
- Mia Love: One subject at a time 28
- In our opinion: Time for Evans to drop... 20
- Where's my money going? 20