Ranking the best season by a wide receiver in BYU history
Even though the Cougars' all-time leading receiver is off to the bright lights of the NFL, BYU still has plenty of talent at the wide receiver position heading into the 2014 season. Even with all of the athletes on the outside for BYU, at least a couple of players need to step up for the team to have success. After all, BYU is a much better team when it has a big-time wide receiver or two on the roster. The Cougars have had that on the roster over the last handful of seasons in Cody Hoffman, who put up some of the best seasons from a wide receiver in school history. He isn't the only wide out who put up monster seasons while at the Y, however.
Here is a look at the 25 best seasons by a wide receiver ever at BYU.
Statistics and placement in both conference and national leader boards are from Sports-reference.com. Award information and school records are from BYUCougars.com.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 139
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 90
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 70
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29