10 players to watch during the coming high school football season
The football offseason has been abuzz regarding an extraordinary collection of in-state gridiron talent being looked at by top programs around the country. During camps, combines and other recruiting functions, Utah prep athletes have made their mark — many of them on the national scene.
Now it’s time for these top prospects to make their mark where it matters most — on the field of play.
The high school football season kicks off Aug. 22 with talent on display through mid-November and the state playoffs. Some top athletes may disappoint while others will undoubtedly rise up during what looks to be another exciting Utah prep football season.
Talent abounds statewide, which makes it difficult to pinpoint just 10 prep athletes to watch during the coming season. Nevertheless there are some obvious names to track throughout the season, and if you're lucky enough, attend at least one of their games.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20