10 players to watch during the coming high school football season
The football offseason has been abuzz regarding an extraordinary collection of in-state gridiron talent being looked at by top programs around the country. During camps, combines and other recruiting functions, Utah prep athletes have made their mark — many of them on the national scene.
Now it’s time for these top prospects to make their mark where it matters most — on the field of play.
The high school football season kicks off Aug. 22 with talent on display through mid-November and the state playoffs. Some top athletes may disappoint while others will undoubtedly rise up during what looks to be another exciting Utah prep football season.
Talent abounds statewide, which makes it difficult to pinpoint just 10 prep athletes to watch during the coming season. Nevertheless there are some obvious names to track throughout the season, and if you're lucky enough, attend at least one of their games.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33