An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
The college football season is only a month away and the Heisman hype has already begun. A good campaign could launch an up-and-comer into the national spotlight, but at the end of the day winning is all that matters. Only players from successful teams have a real chance of taking home the biggest prize an individual can win in the college game. After all, one of the big reasons why Jameis Winston started to get some attention was because of the great start by Florida State in 2013.
While Winston is poised to add another Heisman to his trophy case, there will be plenty of competition standing in his way.
Here is an early look at the leading candidates for the 2014 Heisman Trophy
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 132
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 82
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 59
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 52
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33