Defining a champion: 30 memories of BYU's national championship, 30 years later
30. »30 of 30 «
In early January 1985, Edwards, accompanied by Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch, goes to Washington and meets with President Ronald Reagan at the White House in honor of BYU's national title. Edwards presents Reagan with a signed football and a BYU jacket.
»30 of 30 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta's season is...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 153
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 103
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 82
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29