10 movies that offended foreign governments
7 Years in Tibet »1 of 10 «
Brad Pitt was banned from China due to his role in the film "7 Years in Tibet," according to TIME.
The Chinese government disapproved of the film because of its positive portrayal of Tibet and the Dali Lama and its perceived negative portrayal of Chinese authorities. China, which has had a long-standing conflict with Tibet over whether the country is sovereign or under Chinese rule, was not pleased that the Western movie seemed to be taking sides on the issue.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- The 9 most overlooked threats to a marriage
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 79
- Richard Davis: It's time for a new... 54
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 50
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 48
- Dan Liljenquist: Ebola virus has... 29
- Jay Evensen: If FCC bans Redskins'... 28
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21