10 movies that offended foreign governments
7 Years in Tibet »1 of 10 «
Brad Pitt was banned from China due to his role in the film "7 Years in Tibet," according to TIME.
The Chinese government disapproved of the film because of its positive portrayal of Tibet and the Dali Lama and its perceived negative portrayal of Chinese authorities. China, which has had a long-standing conflict with Tibet over whether the country is sovereign or under Chinese rule, was not pleased that the Western movie seemed to be taking sides on the issue.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Say Thanks': Facebook launches new feature...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Be thankful — there's a theology of...
- Winners and losers under Obama's immigration...
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 65
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 44
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- Letter: Acting on immigration 39
- My view: Global warming needs free market 26