10 movies that offended foreign governments
7 Years in Tibet »1 of 10 «
Brad Pitt was banned from China due to his role in the film "7 Years in Tibet," according to TIME.
The Chinese government disapproved of the film because of its positive portrayal of Tibet and the Dali Lama and its perceived negative portrayal of Chinese authorities. China, which has had a long-standing conflict with Tibet over whether the country is sovereign or under Chinese rule, was not pleased that the Western movie seemed to be taking sides on the issue.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Elizabeth Smart on 'Today': 'Life couldn't be...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Relatives of Springville family 'shocked and...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 104
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 100
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 45
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 39
- A. Scott Anderson: Energy development... 32
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 28