10 movies that offended foreign governments
7 Years in Tibet »1 of 10 «
Brad Pitt was banned from China due to his role in the film "7 Years in Tibet," according to TIME.
The Chinese government disapproved of the film because of its positive portrayal of Tibet and the Dali Lama and its perceived negative portrayal of Chinese authorities. China, which has had a long-standing conflict with Tibet over whether the country is sovereign or under Chinese rule, was not pleased that the Western movie seemed to be taking sides on the issue.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia team...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: BYU football's first...
- Six arrested in wild Utah County kidnapping;...
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No. 23 in...
- 'Living nightmare' almost over for daughters...
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 80
- Letter: Moral decline 72
- Letter: Climate denial 62
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 43
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 39
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28