Rock On: 'Utah Man/Fan' conundrum
The University of Utah changed the lyrics of its fight song, early this month, declaring phrases such as “coeds are the fairest” and “Utah Man” insensitive and outdated.
But Utah isn’t alone in its angst.
As the Omaha World-Herald notes, Mississippi shortened its fight song to avoid the phrase “The South will rise again!” New Mexico State, despite periodic considerations, is sticking with “when we win this game, we’ll buy a keg of booze, and drink it to the Aggies ‘til we wobble in our shoes.”
Rock On isn’t bothered by changes in the Ute song. All he wants to know is where “warmest gang in town” fits into the BYU-Utah rivalry.
Next up: Either/Or
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Search warrants: Poisoning suspected in...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Officers say they shot Darrien Hunt out of...
- Top 10 money mistakes new parents make
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 44
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 41