Utahns in baseball: The best of the best in the first half of the season
We’ve reached the MLB All-Star break and it’s been quite an interesting first half to the season. It also has been a great season for baseball players with ties to the state of Utah.
Former Ute C.J. Cron has been outstanding in his first two months in the MLB season, while BYU alumnus Jeremy Guthrie has had his shining moments with the Kansas City Royals, too. Plenty of other players with Utah ties have also excelled in the minor leagues all season.
It’s also sports-award season, with ESPN’s ESPY Award show on Wednesday. With that spirit, we combine the two for the Utahns in Baseball First Half Awards (doesn’t sound as sleek as ESPYs).
Now, since not all players are on the same playing field, the selections were made on numbers each individual has put up in their respective league.
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Job insecurity is the new normal. Here's how...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20