Utahns in baseball: The best of the best in the first half of the season
We’ve reached the MLB All-Star break and it’s been quite an interesting first half to the season. It also has been a great season for baseball players with ties to the state of Utah.
Former Ute C.J. Cron has been outstanding in his first two months in the MLB season, while BYU alumnus Jeremy Guthrie has had his shining moments with the Kansas City Royals, too. Plenty of other players with Utah ties have also excelled in the minor leagues all season.
It’s also sports-award season, with ESPN’s ESPY Award show on Wednesday. With that spirit, we combine the two for the Utahns in Baseball First Half Awards (doesn’t sound as sleek as ESPYs).
Now, since not all players are on the same playing field, the selections were made on numbers each individual has put up in their respective league.
- New temple presidents
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries...
- New mission presidents
- 'He was a 'Star Trek' guy': Mark Hamill said...
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16