A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats have changed — or not — from 1897 to 2013
1897 »1 of 55 «
Deseret News Archives
This horse-drawn float carrying a huge beehive was one of the entires in the July 24, 1897 parade. The event marked a half century since pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley.
»1 of 55 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback...
- Ex-Tabiona High teacher sent to prison for...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- 'They killed my son because he's... 79
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 67
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while... 52
- Police break silence about... 44
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 20
- New definition of homeless would give... 20