A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats have changed — or not — from 1897 to 2013
1897 »1 of 55 «
Deseret News Archives
This horse-drawn float carrying a huge beehive was one of the entries in the July 24, 1897 parade. The event marked a half century since pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley.
»1 of 55 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Newlywed viral Star Wars couple: 'The Force...
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed hotel...
- Utah and UVU assigned regionals; BYU left out...
- BYU football receives commitment from Lone...
- New temple presidents
- Utah family changes course because of child's...
- Dick Harmon: With historic hoops coaching...
- New mission presidents
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 109
- Why the University of Miami plans to... 45
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Delegates in hand, Trump says he's got... 33
- In Hiroshima, Obama honors 'silent cry'... 25
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 22
- Donald Trump breaks with nation's only... 17
- Trump tells California 'there is no... 17