7 Mormon leaders who have thrown ceremonial first pitches
Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles paid a visit to Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California on June 27.
Elder Bednar was invited to throw the ceremonial first pitch as part of the annual Mormon Night, a long-running community event that drew thousands of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the stadium this year.
Elder Bednar is among six other current LDS leaders who have thrown first pitches in recent years.
Click through this list to learn more about the other leaders who have taken the pitcher's mound.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- New mission presidents
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 166
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- General Women's Session focuses on... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 16
- State bills to protect religious... 11
- Returning LDS missionary, father... 8