7 Mormon leaders who have thrown ceremonial first pitches
Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles paid a visit to Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California on June 27.
Elder Bednar was invited to throw the ceremonial first pitch as part of the annual Mormon Night, a long-running community event that drew thousands of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the stadium this year.
Elder Bednar is among six other current LDS leaders who have thrown first pitches in recent years.
Click through this list to learn more about the other leaders who have taken the pitcher's mound.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- 11 things you should know about the... 91
- The latest developments on religious... 43
- General Women's Session focuses on... 34
- The challenges and blessings of... 34
- State bills to protect religious... 27
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 20
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 17
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence: ‘Not... 16