7 Mormon leaders who have thrown ceremonial first pitches
Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles paid a visit to Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California on June 27.
Elder Bednar was invited to throw the ceremonial first pitch as part of the annual Mormon Night, a long-running community event that drew thousands of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the stadium this year.
Elder Bednar is among six other current LDS leaders who have thrown first pitches in recent years.
Click through this list to learn more about the other leaders who have taken the pitcher's mound.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 49
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Hindu festival celebrates birth of Lord... 2