The 25 cities with the happiest employees
Glassdoor has assembled a list of the 50 cities in America with the happiest employees, with Salt Lake City ranking 5th, higher than major metropolises such as San Diego, Seattle, and Boston.
The cities were ranked based on satisfaction score from a 5-point scale.
The categories were "employee satisfaction, number of employers hiring, business outlook, career opportunities, and compensation and benefits over the past 12 months." All surveys were "according to local employee feedback," according to the site.
"Denizens of Salt Lake City’s businesses are feeling really positive about their prospects in the coming months," Glassdoor wrote. "More than half (52 percent) said business will improve, according to the survey. Utah’s unemployment rate has fallen steadily since 2010 and Salt Lake City has actively recruited companies from Goldman Sachs to startups. Of course, the capital city’s geography — ringed by rugged mountains, canyons, and its namesake lake — doesn’t hurt."
So which cities beat Salt Lake in employee satisfaction? Here we've compiled the top 25 of Glassdoor's cities with the happiest employees.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Why starting a garden doesn't save you... 13
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 9
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 5
- More home-cooked meals really can save... 2
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason... 1