The 25 cities with the happiest employees
Glassdoor has assembled a list of the 50 cities in America with the happiest employees, with Salt Lake City ranking 5th, higher than major metropolises such as San Diego, Seattle, and Boston.
The cities were ranked based on satisfaction score from a 5-point scale.
The categories were "employee satisfaction, number of employers hiring, business outlook, career opportunities, and compensation and benefits over the past 12 months." All surveys were "according to local employee feedback," according to the site.
"Denizens of Salt Lake City’s businesses are feeling really positive about their prospects in the coming months," Glassdoor wrote. "More than half (52 percent) said business will improve, according to the survey. Utah’s unemployment rate has fallen steadily since 2010 and Salt Lake City has actively recruited companies from Goldman Sachs to startups. Of course, the capital city’s geography — ringed by rugged mountains, canyons, and its namesake lake — doesn’t hurt."
So which cities beat Salt Lake in employee satisfaction? Here we've compiled the top 25 of Glassdoor's cities with the happiest employees.
- New mission presidents
- LDS First Presidency announces area...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Free agent roundup: 15 locals from BYU, Utah,...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal for...
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- LDS sister missionaries assaulted in Chile
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on... 21
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- Pope echoes feminist anthem of equal... 6
- More Americans spending at least half... 5
- $100 million for a home? Luxury buyers... 4
- We finally understand what robots mean... 2
- Exxon's 1Q profit falls 46 percent amid... 1
- Rural hospitals struggle to stay open,... 1