The 25 cities with the happiest employees
Glassdoor has assembled a list of the 50 cities in America with the happiest employees, with Salt Lake City ranking 5th, higher than major metropolises such as San Diego, Seattle, and Boston.
The cities were ranked based on satisfaction score from a 5-point scale.
The categories were "employee satisfaction, number of employers hiring, business outlook, career opportunities, and compensation and benefits over the past 12 months." All surveys were "according to local employee feedback," according to the site.
"Denizens of Salt Lake City’s businesses are feeling really positive about their prospects in the coming months," Glassdoor wrote. "More than half (52 percent) said business will improve, according to the survey. Utah’s unemployment rate has fallen steadily since 2010 and Salt Lake City has actively recruited companies from Goldman Sachs to startups. Of course, the capital city’s geography — ringed by rugged mountains, canyons, and its namesake lake — doesn’t hurt."
So which cities beat Salt Lake in employee satisfaction? Here we've compiled the top 25 of Glassdoor's cities with the happiest employees.
- Two LDS temples will be closing for extensive...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- LDS young man makes lasting impression on the...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Obama signature all that's left in BYU's...
- The Clean Cut: Alex Boye releases original...
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these two...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Why Utah is the most charitable state... 38
- Is brand loyalty the new religion? 6
- Crunch time again for health insurance... 3
- Insurers ease 'Obamacare' deadline 3
- US consumer prices fall in November 3
- Amazon does not have to pay workers for... 2
- 5 purchases you should never put on a... 1
- Why many millennials lack the money to... 1