The 25 cities with the happiest employees
Glassdoor has assembled a list of the 50 cities in America with the happiest employees, with Salt Lake City ranking 5th, higher than major metropolises such as San Diego, Seattle, and Boston.
The cities were ranked based on satisfaction score from a 5-point scale.
The categories were "employee satisfaction, number of employers hiring, business outlook, career opportunities, and compensation and benefits over the past 12 months." All surveys were "according to local employee feedback," according to the site.
"Denizens of Salt Lake City’s businesses are feeling really positive about their prospects in the coming months," Glassdoor wrote. "More than half (52 percent) said business will improve, according to the survey. Utah’s unemployment rate has fallen steadily since 2010 and Salt Lake City has actively recruited companies from Goldman Sachs to startups. Of course, the capital city’s geography — ringed by rugged mountains, canyons, and its namesake lake — doesn’t hurt."
So which cities beat Salt Lake in employee satisfaction? Here we've compiled the top 25 of Glassdoor's cities with the happiest employees.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Branden Bowen commits...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- 20 things I will not regret doing with my kids
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Why starting a garden doesn't save you... 17
- How much America wants to be taxed 10
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 5
- Private actions are company business 2
- Americans aren't confident about their... 2
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason... 1
- Alicia Keys is asking a simple question... 1