The 25 cities with the happiest employees
Glassdoor has assembled a list of the 50 cities in America with the happiest employees, with Salt Lake City ranking 5th, higher than major metropolises such as San Diego, Seattle, and Boston.
The cities were ranked based on satisfaction score from a 5-point scale.
The categories were "employee satisfaction, number of employers hiring, business outlook, career opportunities, and compensation and benefits over the past 12 months." All surveys were "according to local employee feedback," according to the site.
"Denizens of Salt Lake City’s businesses are feeling really positive about their prospects in the coming months," Glassdoor wrote. "More than half (52 percent) said business will improve, according to the survey. Utah’s unemployment rate has fallen steadily since 2010 and Salt Lake City has actively recruited companies from Goldman Sachs to startups. Of course, the capital city’s geography — ringed by rugged mountains, canyons, and its namesake lake — doesn’t hurt."
So which cities beat Salt Lake in employee satisfaction? Here we've compiled the top 25 of Glassdoor's cities with the happiest employees.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Americans still prefer male bosses 8
- Landlords may be charging pet fees just... 6
- Employers and job seekers might as well... 5
- Pay raises are more rare despite strong... 4
- Facebook is now helping its female... 4
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the... 4
- Lower gas prices could mean economic... 3
- The poorest of the poor in many Third... 1