Happy birthday: Star-Spangled Banner celebrates 200 years of history
2014 »50 of 50 «
An American flag is placed in the sand of Omaha Beach, western France, Friday, June 6, 2014. Veterans and Normandy residents are paying tribute to the thousands who gave their lives in the D-Day invasion of Nazi-occupied France 70 years ago. World leaders and dignitaries including President Barack Obama and Queen Elizabeth II will gather to honor the more than 150,000 American, British, Canadian and other Allied D-Day troops who risked and gave their lives to defeat Adolf Hitler's Third Reich.
»50 of 50 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- How much America wants to be taxed 8
- It's not just young people —... 6
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Dempsey: Half of Iraqi army not OK as... 4