Happy birthday: Star-Spangled Banner celebrates 200 years of history
2014 »50 of 50 «
An American flag is placed in the sand of Omaha Beach, western France, Friday, June 6, 2014. Veterans and Normandy residents are paying tribute to the thousands who gave their lives in the D-Day invasion of Nazi-occupied France 70 years ago. World leaders and dignitaries including President Barack Obama and Queen Elizabeth II will gather to honor the more than 150,000 American, British, Canadian and other Allied D-Day troops who risked and gave their lives to defeat Adolf Hitler's Third Reich.
»50 of 50 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Newlywed viral Star Wars couple: 'The Force...
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed hotel...
- Utah and UVU assigned regionals; BYU left out...
- New temple presidents
- BYU football receives commitment from Lone...
- President Uchtdorf recalls being a refugee,...
- New mission presidents
- About Utah: Utah teacher taught 15 children...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 109
- Why the University of Miami plans to... 45
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Delegates in hand, Trump says he's got... 33
- Obama: World leaders rightfully... 29
- In Hiroshima, Obama honors 'silent cry'... 25
- Donald Trump breaks with nation's only... 17
- Trump tells California 'there is no... 17