Rock On: Pardon the French
Following Nicholas Mahut’s first-round loss in the French Open, a reporter began the press conference by saying, “Congratulations.”
"Congratulations?” Mahut said. “I lost.”
Reporter: “You lost? OK. So what happened out there?”
Mahut: “Are you serious? Did you watch the match?”
Reporter: “No, I didn’t. I was told that you won. I’m sorry.”
Mahut (awkward pause): “Questions in French, please.”
Rock On suggests the reporter skip any of Gregg Popovich’s playoff press conferences.
- New mission presidents
- All 4 of Joseph Smith's firsthand accounts of...
- One thing that changed my view of marriage...
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- National experts weigh in on the BYU Cougars'...
- Rock On: Next Utah college coach to leave is ...
- Mormon humanitarian Bishnu Adhikari, family...
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- Little offense as main players sit out... 105
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big... 101
- Morning links: Duke in pursuit of Lone... 45
- BYU offense looking to move the ball,... 34
- Analysis: Utah Jazz will be better, but... 17
- Dave Rose hires May as BYU's director... 13
- Pittsburgh to hire Utah State Athletic... 11
- Scott Mitchell: Former U., NFL... 10