The offseason status of NFL players with Utah ties
With organized team activities in full swing for NFL teams around the league, 66 players with Utah ties are trying to make impressions.
As of May 31, the University of Utah leads local teams with 30 players on NFL rosters. Utah State is next with 17, while BYU has 11. Also, Weber State has one, Southern Utah has one and six others played high school ball in Utah and collegiately out of state.
This also includes 21 rookies, six of whom were selected in this year's NFL draft May 8-10 and the others signed as undrafted free agents.
Nine other local players are also aiming to return to a roster, as they currently are free agents.
Here's a look at each of these players and their current situations:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- Texas' Perry says disparaging tweet unauthorized