Honoring the fallen: A photographic look at Memorial Day from 1868 to the present
1868 »1 of 70 «
Library of Congress
This stereograph shows President Grant and General John Logan seated at a flag-draped reviewing stand during the first official Decoration Day (later renamed Memorial Day) at Arlington Cemetery in 1868.
»1 of 70 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Branden Bowen commits...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Obama scores coalition victory with... 20
- Where do we draw the line on spanking? 16
- Islamic State group calls for attacking... 14
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land... 11
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 10
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 9
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9