Honoring the fallen: A photographic look at Memorial Day from 1868 to the present
1868 »1 of 70 «
Library of Congress
This stereograph shows President Grant and General John Logan seated at a flag-draped reviewing stand during the first official Decoration Day (later renamed Memorial Day) at Arlington Cemetery in 1868.
»1 of 70 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- Biskupski calls for resignations of nearly...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl...
- Ex-EFY counselor sent to prison for sex with...
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- Jeb Bush used 'shock and awe' campaign to...
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 70
- 'No more baby parts': Reclusive... 49
- Jeb Bush used 'shock and awe' campaign... 49
- Obama admin says states lack authority... 40
- Police: 3 killed, 9 wounded in attack... 35
- Obama: Climate pact an 'act of... 33
- Official says gunman made 'no more baby... 29
- World leaders gather to try to save... 26