Honoring the fallen: A photographic look at Memorial Day from 1868 to the present
1868 »1 of 70 «
Library of Congress
This stereograph shows President Grant and General John Logan seated at a flag-draped reviewing stand during the first official Decoration Day (later renamed Memorial Day) at Arlington Cemetery in 1868.
»1 of 70 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Student loan recipients on 'strike'... 87
- Obama expected to stay overnight in... 51
- Rep. Trey Gowdy: Hillary Clinton wiped... 49
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 41
- Indiana lawmakers try to quiet... 39
- The latest developments on religious... 37
- Hundreds rally against Indiana law, say... 27
- State Department says Hillary Clinton... 16