Honoring the fallen: A photographic look at Memorial Day from 1868 to the present
1868 »1 of 70 «
Library of Congress
This stereograph shows President Grant and General John Logan seated at a flag-draped reviewing stand during the first official Decoration Day (later renamed Memorial Day) at Arlington Cemetery in 1868.
»1 of 70 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 98
- Boy Scout board approves end to blanket... 68
- Religious groups react to Boy... 39
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 29
- 2016 Republicans use Trump, TV to make... 26
- Obama: Republican criticism of Iran... 25
- Oklahoma Supreme Court: Ten... 24
- Covered California: Cost of health care... 15