Best states for military retirees
With the recent scandal concerning the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' backlog of health care wait times, all eyes have been on the unsaid suffering many of our veterans experience.
One such difficulty many veterans experience is finding somewhere to retire that fulfills the needs of their post-service lifestyles.
"In honor of Memorial Day, WalletHub sought to help ease the burden on our nation’s military community by identifying the Best and Worst States for Military Retirees," wrote John Kiernan of WalletHub.
WalletHub compiled a range of data — including lowest percentage of homeless veterans, veteran job opportunities, and number of veteran-owened businesses — to rank all fifty states and the District of Columbia based on their friendliness towards military retirees.
Here, take a look at the top 25 states for military retirees and see each state's economic environment rank, quality of life rank, and healthcare rank out of 51.
- New mission presidents
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- Free agent roundup: 15 locals from BYU, Utah,...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal for...
- LDS First Presidency announces area...
- LDS sister missionaries assaulted in Chile
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on... 21
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- Pope echoes feminist anthem of equal... 6
- $100 million for a home? Luxury buyers... 4
- More Americans spending at least half... 4
- We finally understand what robots mean... 2
- Exxon's 1Q profit falls 46 percent amid... 1
- Rural hospitals struggle to stay open,... 1