The most charitable states in America
Gallup has ranked each U.S. state by its charitable giving, listing Utah, Minnesota, and Hawaii as the most generous states.
A minimum of 600 citizens per state were asked whether they had personally donated money to charity, spent time volunteering with an organization, or both over the past month. All 50 states were polled between June and December of 2013.
In previous studies, Gallup has found a positive correlation between charitable giving and the well-being of a state ( well-being defined by Gallup primarily by economic and health related factors). This poll seems to confirm their previous findings, as all of the most charitable states are above the national average for well-being.
All information on our list comes from Gallup polls, with the exception of median state income, which was found in the most recent government census.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Student loan recipients on 'strike'... 86
- Does it really matter if you grew up... 8
- Obama calls for payday loan regulations... 5
- Michelle Singletary: Short-term loans... 4
- Renovation Solutions: How to survive a... 2
- Dave Ramsey says: Paying kids for good... 2
- Political polarization is a driving... 1