23 dazzling man-made American structures you've probably never heard of
This year marks the 76th anniversary of the opening of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, one of many national landmarks that has come to define the American aesthetic.
The Golden Gate Bridge took four years to complete and was designed by architects Joseph Strauss, Irving Morrow and Charles Ellis.
While there are certainly plenty of natural wonders scattered throughout the country, we decided, in light of the anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge, to honor the many lesser known man-made structures that showcase the ingenuity of the American spirit.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- The 9 most overlooked threats to a marriage
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 79
- Richard Davis: It's time for a new... 54
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 50
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 48
- Dan Liljenquist: Ebola virus has... 29
- Jay Evensen: If FCC bans Redskins'... 28
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21