Ranking the best BYU Cougars in the NFL who went undrafted
The 2014 NFL draft has come to an end with only one BYU player getting selected (Kyle Van Noy), even though a handful of Cougars were hoping to hear their name called.
In some professional sports, that would mean the end of the road, but the NFL is a different story. Plenty of undrafted players sign free-agent contracts right after the draft ends and manage to make solid NFL careers out of their opportunity.
BYU greats Cody Hoffman (Washington Redskins), Daniel Sorensen (Kansas City Chiefs) , Eathyn Manumaleuna (New York Giants) and Spencer Hadley (New Orleans Saints) all signed such deals after the draft finished over the weekend.
Although it is not the easiest road to NFL success, a number of Cougars have traveled it with success.
Here is a look at the 10 best careers by BYU Cougars who went undrafted.
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- New mission presidents
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 98
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 88
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 61
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 54
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 36
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 27
- Masina, Gustin develop friendship that... 19