Funniest team names: Wild Animal Regional
Colleges and professional teams are named after a wide array of animals, professions and anything in between.
While some teams have generic names (i.e. Wildcats, Warriors, Knights), others go with more creative names to separate themselves from the pack.
We sat down as a team to find the whackiest sports names in the country. We had so much fun with it that we decided to make a 64-team tournament and allow you, the readers, select who has the silliest team name in college/professional sports in America (and Canada).
Voting will commence on the Deseret News Sports Facebook page.
Today we open the voting for the Wild Animal Regional.
Click here to vote for your favorites.Read about the Vocation Regional here.
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- Why I make my kids go to church
- 17 years later, parents find kidnapped...
- New mission presidents
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: 'Faith, Family and...
- LDS girl's imagination takes viewers of a new...
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona