Funny or Eliminated: Tournament of Funniest Team Names (Vocation Regional)
Colleges and professional teams are named after a wide array of animals, professions and anything in between.
While some teams have generic names (i.e. Wildcats, Warriors, Knights), others go with more creative names to separate themselves from the pack.
We sat down as a team to find the whackiest sports names in the country. We had so much fun with it that we decided to make a 64-team tournament and allow you, the readers, select who has the silliest team name in college/professional sports in America (and Canada).
Voting will commence on the Deseret News Sports Facebook page.
Today we open the voting for the Vocation Regional.
Click here to vote for your favorites.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- New temple president