The 25 most highly drafted football players from the University of Utah
Now that we have reached the eve of the 2014 NFL draft, there is no better time than to revisit the most highly drafted players to ever come out of the University of Utah.
The main reason for the perfect timing is to show how much talent that has come out of the U in recent years. It also shows how much of a guessing game the draft really is for most organizations. All you have to do is look at the two most glaring omissions from this list to see why that is the case.
While plenty of the players on this list have had very good careers in the NFL, the two players with the best showings out of Utah (Steve Smith and Larry Wilson) weren’t drafted high enough to fall into this category. They aren’t the Utes who had impressive NFL careers after slipping to the later rounds of the draft either. Players like Scott Mitchell (93rd overall), Mike Anderson (189th overall), Jamal Anderson (201st overall) and Bob Trumpy (301st overall) all had productive careers even though they weren’t highly drafted.
It is important to note the order of how each player is listed is based on the spot they were drafted and not the round. The older drafts had fewer teams so there weren’t as many picks each round.
Here is a look at the players from Utah who were the most highly drafted and how they played once they stepped on an NFL field.
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash