Thailand, Rome and Provo: 34 Mormon temples in progress
During the 185th Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on April 5, 2015, President Thomas S. Monson noted that the LDS Church has 144 temples in operation worldwide, with five being renovated, 13 under construction, and 13 more that were previously announced and are in various stages of preparation before construction begins. President Monson then announced plans to build three new temples. The temples will be built in Abidjan, Ivory Coast; Port-au-Prince, Haiti; and Bangkok, Thailand.
Here we've compiled information about the 34 temples that are being renovated and are in various stages of construction.
- LDS First Presidency announces area...
- New mission presidents
- Free agent roundup: 15 locals from BYU, Utah,...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal for...
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- LDS sister missionaries assaulted in Chile
- Online system will allow Mormons to pay... 72
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring... 53
- God will give you more than you can... 51
- Religious liberty issues dog Supreme... 44
- Mormon man's half-court shot is a... 25
- Defending the Faith: Going up to Jerusalem 24
- Wright Words: Founding member of SEAL... 21
- Elder Richard G. Scott released from... 12