Paris, Rome and Provo: 29 Mormon temples in progress
During the 184th Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in April 2014, President Thomas S. Monson said that while church leaders are constantly assessing members' needs, no new temples would be announced at that time. Instead, efforts are being focused on completing the 29 temples that are in the planning, construction and renovation phases.
Here we've compiled information about each of these temples, including construction photographs and milestones.
When these temples are completed, the LDS Church will have 170 operating temples.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 71
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 34
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New DVD tells story of David... 14
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- 10 ideas of what God looks like 8
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7