Paris, Rome and Provo: 29 Mormon temples in progress
During the 184th Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in April 2014, President Thomas S. Monson said that while church leaders are constantly assessing members' needs, no new temples would be announced at that time. Instead, efforts are being focused on completing the 29 temples that are in the planning, construction and renovation phases.
Here we've compiled information about each of these temples, including construction photographs and milestones.
When these temples are completed, the LDS Church will have 170 operating temples.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- The 9 most overlooked threats to a marriage
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- Defending the Faith: When the... 131
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 67
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues... 43
- Houston subpoenas sermons in battle... 32
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 16
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 12
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 9