Paris, Rome and Provo: 29 Mormon temples in progress
During the 184th Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in April 2014, President Thomas S. Monson said that while church leaders are constantly assessing members' needs, no new temples would be announced at that time. Instead, efforts are being focused on completing the 29 temples that are in the planning, construction and renovation phases.
Here we've compiled information about each of these temples, including construction photographs and milestones.
When these temples are completed, the LDS Church will have 170 operating temples.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- New mission presidents
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 166
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- General Women's Session focuses on... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 16
- State bills to protect religious... 11
- Returning LDS missionary, father... 8