Paris, Rome and Provo: 28 Mormon temples in progress
During the most recent general conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, President Thomas S. Monson said that while church leaders are constantly assessing members' needs, no new temples would be announced at that time. Instead, efforts are being focused on completing the 28 temples that are in the planning and construction phases.
Here we've compiled information about each of these temples, including construction photographs and milestones.
When these 28 temples are completed, the LDS Church will have 170 operating temples.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 49
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Hindu festival celebrates birth of Lord... 2