Peavler: Looking back at BYU athletics under Cecil O. Samuelson
Incredible volleyball »11 of 12 «
The men's volleyball team won the national championship in 2004, and the Cougars are on their way to the semifinals against Stanford on Thursday. There's a decent chance that the Cougars could win their fourth national championship, but that championship would be the first under new BYU's new president, Kevin J Worthen.
And if you haven't taken the time to see Taylor Sander play, you've missed out on an incredible athlete.
Unfortunately, the volleyball program was the first BYU team to get hit with NCAA sanctions after the case of Yosleyder Cala. Still, the past 11 years have been generally good for BYU volleyball.
»11 of 12 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl...
- Jeb Bush used 'shock and awe' campaign to...
- BYU reaches 9-win plateau, hoping for bowl...
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA career...
- Utah Jazz excited for a crack at undefeated...
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 106
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 67
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 50
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 46
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 36
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 36
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 36
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34