Peavler: Looking back at BYU athletics under Cecil O. Samuelson
Incredible volleyball »11 of 12 «
The men's volleyball team won the national championship in 2004, and the Cougars are on their way to the semifinals against Stanford on Thursday. There's a decent chance that the Cougars could win their fourth national championship, but that championship would be the first under new BYU's new president, Kevin J Worthen.
And if you haven't taken the time to see Taylor Sander play, you've missed out on an incredible athlete.
Unfortunately, the volleyball program was the first BYU team to get hit with NCAA sanctions after the case of Yosleyder Cala. Still, the past 11 years have been generally good for BYU volleyball.
»11 of 12 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Red and Blue Recruits: Branden Bowen commits...
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- 20 things I will not regret doing with my kids
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Ute coach Kyle Whittingham congratulates...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 164
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 113
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 84
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads... 28