The most polluted cities in America
Tired of Salt Lake's pollution-filled inversion every winter? Try living in Bakersfield, Calif. where, according to a new study released by The American Lung Association, the short-term particle pollution is even worse.
According to the ALA, Salt Lake City (and it's surrounding area) has the 8th worst short-term particle pollution problem in the country.
For a city to have a problem with short-term particle pollution, according to their definition, means that the metro area has bouts of "unhealthy spikes" in air pollution, "even if the year-round averages are low."
Here we've compiled the ALA's ranking of American metro areas with the worst short-term particle pollution, along with their statistics on the demographics most at risk by the pollution.
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- How would LDS be affected by renewed US-Cuba...
- Canada man finds an Elizabeth Gallagher for...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Little Lamb: A babe in white linen on white...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 32