The most polluted cities in America
Tired of Salt Lake's pollution-filled inversion every winter? Try living in Bakersfield, Calif. where, according to a new study released by The American Lung Association, the short-term particle pollution is even worse.
According to the ALA, Salt Lake City (and it's surrounding area) has the 8th worst short-term particle pollution problem in the country.
For a city to have a problem with short-term particle pollution, according to their definition, means that the metro area has bouts of "unhealthy spikes" in air pollution, "even if the year-round averages are low."
Here we've compiled the ALA's ranking of American metro areas with the worst short-term particle pollution, along with their statistics on the demographics most at risk by the pollution.
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Elizabeth Smart on 'Today': 'Life couldn't be...
- Relatives of Springville family 'shocked and...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 104
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 100
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 45
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 39
- A. Scott Anderson: Energy development... 32
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 29