10 fast facts about autism spectrum disorder
Causes »10 of 10 «
Physicians do not have one specific cause of ASD pinpointed, but they say genetic factors play a part, including older birth parents and those with tuberous sclerosis or fragile X syndrome. Children whose siblings have ASD have a higher chance of having it too.
»10 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Elizabeth Smart on 'Today': 'Life couldn't be...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Relatives of Springville family 'shocked and...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic... 24
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby... 13
- Police: Fired worker beheaded Oklahoma... 12
- Tens of thousands of immigrant families... 11
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 11
- Parents of Michael Brown unmoved by... 7