If 'Upworthy' covered the Bible, they would write the Best. Headlines. Ever.
On April 13, some of our colleagues started highlighting a new website, National.DeseretNews.com. This site fills a void in the American media landscape through rigorous journalism for family- and faith-oriented audiences.
They recently gained National attention with their ten-part series on how each of the Ten Commandments operates in contemporary culture.
This got us thinking, how could we at DeseretNews.com join in on the fun and look at the Bible through a contemporary lens?
Whether you're a fan of "Upworthy" headlines or not, you’ve probably been tempted to click on one or two.
Here we offer you a list of 25 classic Bible stories as if "Upworthy" had written the headlines.
Don't forget to give us your suggestions — at the end of the list we've added a form you can fill out and send us your best "Upworthy" Bible headlines. We'll compile the best of your suggestions in the next few weeks.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 49
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 46
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 39
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own... 28
- Americans are changing their tune on... 27
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap?... 25
- In our opinion: Par for the president 24