If 'Upworthy' covered the Bible, they would write the Best. Headlines. Ever.
On April 13, some of our colleagues started highlighting a new website, National.DeseretNews.com. This site fills a void in the American media landscape through rigorous journalism for family- and faith-oriented audiences.
They recently gained National attention with their ten-part series on how each of the Ten Commandments operates in contemporary culture.
This got us thinking, how could we at DeseretNews.com join in on the fun and look at the Bible through a contemporary lens?
Whether you're a fan of "Upworthy" headlines or not, you’ve probably been tempted to click on one or two.
Here we offer you a list of 25 classic Bible stories as if "Upworthy" had written the headlines.
Don't forget to give us your suggestions — at the end of the list we've added a form you can fill out and send us your best "Upworthy" Bible headlines. We'll compile the best of your suggestions in the next few weeks.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- LDS Church opposed to state senator's medical...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- New mission presidents
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- My view: It is trendy to be extreme in... 47
- Drew Clark: Uniting the Republican... 46
- In our opinion: Why Religious Freedom... 37
- Letter: Obama had no choice 35
- Letter: Breaking rivalry contract 29
- Mia Love: One subject at a time 28
- In our opinion: Time for Evans to drop... 20
- Where's my money going? 20