If 'Upworthy' covered the Bible, they would write the Best. Headlines. Ever.
On April 13, some of our colleagues started highlighting a new website, National.DeseretNews.com. This site fills a void in the American media landscape through rigorous journalism for family- and faith-oriented audiences.
They recently gained National attention with their ten-part series on how each of the Ten Commandments operates in contemporary culture.
This got us thinking, how could we at DeseretNews.com join in on the fun and look at the Bible through a contemporary lens?
Whether you're a fan of "Upworthy" headlines or not, you’ve probably been tempted to click on one or two.
Here we offer you a list of 25 classic Bible stories as if "Upworthy" had written the headlines.
Don't forget to give us your suggestions — at the end of the list we've added a form you can fill out and send us your best "Upworthy" Bible headlines. We'll compile the best of your suggestions in the next few weeks.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 46
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 37
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24