If 'Upworthy' covered the Bible, they would write the Best. Headlines. Ever.
On April 13, some of our colleagues started highlighting a new website, National.DeseretNews.com. This site fills a void in the American media landscape through rigorous journalism for family- and faith-oriented audiences.
They recently gained National attention with their ten-part series on how each of the Ten Commandments operates in contemporary culture.
This got us thinking, how could we at DeseretNews.com join in on the fun and look at the Bible through a contemporary lens?
Whether you're a fan of "Upworthy" headlines or not, you’ve probably been tempted to click on one or two.
Here we offer you a list of 25 classic Bible stories as if "Upworthy" had written the headlines.
Don't forget to give us your suggestions — at the end of the list we've added a form you can fill out and send us your best "Upworthy" Bible headlines. We'll compile the best of your suggestions in the next few weeks.
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- New temple presidents
- New mission presidents
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 39
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27