Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz history
1. Darrell Griffith: »16 of 16 «
Griffith was selected with the second pick of the first round in the 1980 draft. Griffith played in 81 games as a rookie and averaged 20.6 points, 3.6 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.3 steals a night, including nine games where he scored at least 30 points. The most impressive scoring night of that season was a payback of sorts against the Boston Celtics. After scoring a season-low two points in the 30-point beat down at the hands of the Celtics in Boston, Griffith got his revenge by scoring a season-high 38 points as the Jazz defeated the Celtics by 15 only three weeks later. For his remarkable first season with the Jazz, Griffith was named NBA Rookie of the Year as well as to the NBA All-Rookie first team.
»16 of 16 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Temple Square opens 3 new exhibits
- New temple presidents