Which county in Utah has the least poverty?
An interactive map created by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation displays, by county, six key indicators used to evaluate the overall health of the nation.
Among the six indicators are the average life expectancy and the prevalence of poverty of each county.
According to the study's authors, "dietary risks" were the leading cause of drops and disparities for life expectancy in the U.S. However, as the Washington Post suggested in their analysis of an earlier version of the study last March, life expectancy rate disparity between counties also seems to be tied to income inequality.
Here we've ranked each county in Utah according to poverty rate, including along with it each county's average life expectancy.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- Texas' Perry says disparaging tweet unauthorized
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- It's about time the government... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 11
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 11
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 4
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Down payment for love: How to think... 2
- US consumer spending dips 0.1 percent 1