Which county in Utah has the least poverty?
An interactive map created by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation displays, by county, six key indicators used to evaluate the overall health of the nation.
Among the six indicators are the average life expectancy and the prevalence of poverty of each county.
According to the study's authors, "dietary risks" were the leading cause of drops and disparities for life expectancy in the U.S. However, as the Washington Post suggested in their analysis of an earlier version of the study last March, life expectancy rate disparity between counties also seems to be tied to income inequality.
Here we've ranked each county in Utah according to poverty rate, including along with it each county's average life expectancy.
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Why starting a garden doesn't save you... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 9
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 5
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs 2