Which county in Utah has the least poverty?
An interactive map created by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation displays, by county, six key indicators used to evaluate the overall health of the nation.
Among the six indicators are the average life expectancy and the prevalence of poverty of each county.
According to the study's authors, "dietary risks" were the leading cause of drops and disparities for life expectancy in the U.S. However, as the Washington Post suggested in their analysis of an earlier version of the study last March, life expectancy rate disparity between counties also seems to be tied to income inequality.
Here we've ranked each county in Utah according to poverty rate, including along with it each county's average life expectancy.
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- New mission presidents
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 16
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of... 10
- Helping students 'climb the mountain'... 10
- Survey ranks Utah's best and worst... 9
- Want to save money in 2015?... 3
- Creative license: Rethinking the... 2
- Kimberly Rotter: 7 weird things that... 1
- Hard-hit worker wonders where the... 1