A look at the top men's basketball players for BYU, Utah, USU and other Division 1 teams
After a hard-fought and physical national championship game between Kentucky and Connecticut ended with the Huskies hoisting their fourth crown in 15 years, the college basketball season has come to an end. The Division I schools from Utah have long since ended their respective seasons, all with differing results. Four of the six schools made postseason play, with BYU and Weber State each losing in the second round of the NCAA tournament, while the University of Utah and Utah Valley each fell in road games in the first round of the NIT. As for the two remaining schools, Utah State struggled in its first season in the MWC and finished with an 18-14 record, while Southern Utah had a disastrous season, winning just two times in 29 chances.
Now that the season has wrapped up, it is time to look back at the players who had the best seasons from our six local schools, or in other words, the men's college basketball All-State teams.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20