A look at the top men's basketball players for BYU, Utah, USU and other Division 1 teams
After a hard-fought and physical national championship game between Kentucky and Connecticut ended with the Huskies hoisting their fourth crown in 15 years, the college basketball season has come to an end. The Division I schools from Utah have long since ended their respective seasons, all with differing results. Four of the six schools made postseason play, with BYU and Weber State each losing in the second round of the NCAA tournament, while the University of Utah and Utah Valley each fell in road games in the first round of the NIT. As for the two remaining schools, Utah State struggled in its first season in the MWC and finished with an 18-14 record, while Southern Utah had a disastrous season, winning just two times in 29 chances.
Now that the season has wrapped up, it is time to look back at the players who had the best seasons from our six local schools, or in other words, the men's college basketball All-State teams.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26