Top football players at BYU over the last decade who weren't highly recruited
National Letter of Intent signing day is squarely in the rearview mirror, and the hype over the Cougars' potentially great recruiting class has died down to some extent. The focus for BYU has shifted from recruiting to spring practice and the opportunity to prepare for the 2014 season.
Just like the focus of Cougars have shifted to what happens on the field, it is a perfect time to look at how past recruits actually translated on the field.
BYU has had very key four-star recruits in the past decade. Some have had a significant impact on the field (Kyle Van Noy and Bronson Kaufusi) while others never panned out the way fans expected.
Getting high-level recruits is an important part of college football, but it is what a program does with the not-so-big-name-recruits that is a major part of a school's success on the gridiron.
BYU has had plenty of greats rise from low-ranking players coming out of high school and junior college. Here is a look at the most impactful players from that category over the last decade.
Note: each star ranking comes from Rivals.com.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 217
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 73
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 62
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 44
- ACC media days has some interesting... 40
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 27