Ranking the best NBA players to come out of the University of Utah
Chambers was selected with the eighth overall pick by the San Diego Clippers in the 1981 draft. Chambers played 1,107 games over 16 seasons for the Clippers, Seattle SuperSonics, Phoenix Suns, Utah Jazz, Charlotte Hornets and Philadelphia 76ers. Chambers was a dominant offensive player who had his best statistical season with the Phoenix Suns in 1988-89 and 1989-90. In '88-89, Chambers averaged 25.7 points, 8.4 rebounds, 2.9 assists and 1.1 steals a night in his second All-Star season. A year later, Chambers averaged a career-high 27.2 points to go along with seven rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.1 steals a contest. In each season, Chambers earned second-team All-NBA honors. For his career, the four-time All-Star averaged 18.1 points, 6.1 rebounds and 2.1 assists a game.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- Many questions remain in case of baby found...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 54
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 53
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48