Ranking the best NBA players to come out of the University of Utah
Chambers was selected with the eighth overall pick by the San Diego Clippers in the 1981 draft. Chambers played 1,107 games over 16 seasons for the Clippers, Seattle SuperSonics, Phoenix Suns, Utah Jazz, Charlotte Hornets and Philadelphia 76ers. Chambers was a dominant offensive player who had his best statistical season with the Phoenix Suns in 1988-89 and 1989-90. In '88-89, Chambers averaged 25.7 points, 8.4 rebounds, 2.9 assists and 1.1 steals a night in his second All-Star season. A year later, Chambers averaged a career-high 27.2 points to go along with seven rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.1 steals a contest. In each season, Chambers earned second-team All-NBA honors. For his career, the four-time All-Star averaged 18.1 points, 6.1 rebounds and 2.1 assists a game.
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- Ebola outbreak prompts evacuation of LDS...
- Doug Robinson: Erin Andrews switches teams...
- Peavler: Bronco Mendenhall and BYU embrace...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 110
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 88
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 73
- Utes fill three future football... 69
- Can BYU put together a special season? 60
- Peavler: Bronco Mendenhall and BYU... 59
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 54
- College football: BYU receives votes in... 35