Deseret News/KSL 2014 Sterling Scholar award runners-up
The Deseret News/KSL 2014 Sterling Scholar award winners and runners-up were named Wednesday evening in the culmination of a competition that narrowed down a field of 1,000 candidates to 210, and then to 14, with 28 runners-up, over the past few weeks.
Here's a list of the two runners-up in each of the 14 categories: Business & Marketing, Computer Technology, Dance, English, Family & Consumer Science, Instrumental Music, Mathematics, Science, Skilled & Technical Sciences, Social Science, Speech/Theater Arts/Forensics, Visual Arts, Vocal Performance and World Languages.
>> Students wait in the atrium before they were interviewed and performed or displayed their work as part of the finals for the Deseret News/KSL Sterling Scholars competition at Corner Canyon High School in Draper on Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired assistant...
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- LDS Church opposed to state senator's medical...
- New mission presidents
- Mormon Mentions: Adam Levine praises The...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor LaVoy...
- Mormon Taylor Swift look-alike draws national...
- LDS missionaries safe in Taiwan after earthquake
- Calls for boycott of Oscars grow over... 42
- Interior Department halts new federal... 29
- What you don't know about the HPV... 26
- Veteran Unified police officer, gunman... 25
- New bill may snuff out smoking rooms at... 24
- Obama cites Americans' release as win... 23
- Trump receives key endorsement from... 23
- Utah GOP sues state again over... 22