Deseret News/KSL 2014 Sterling Scholar award runners-up
The Deseret News/KSL 2014 Sterling Scholar award winners and runners-up were named Wednesday evening in the culmination of a competition that narrowed down a field of 1,000 candidates to 210, and then to 14, with 28 runners-up, over the past few weeks.
Here's a list of the two runners-up in each of the 14 categories: Business & Marketing, Computer Technology, Dance, English, Family & Consumer Science, Instrumental Music, Mathematics, Science, Skilled & Technical Sciences, Social Science, Speech/Theater Arts/Forensics, Visual Arts, Vocal Performance and World Languages.
>> Students wait in the atrium before they were interviewed and performed or displayed their work as part of the finals for the Deseret News/KSL Sterling Scholars competition at Corner Canyon High School in Draper on Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014.
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- Elder Per G. Malm dies at age 67
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'...
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena in...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- New rule sparks debate over teacher...
- Sarah Silverman: Bernie-or-bust Dems... 49
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 45
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 43
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 42
- Clinton wins historic nomination,... 35
- After turmoil, Sanders, Michelle Obama,... 31
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Dems' division, emails roil party on... 28