Deseret News/KSL 2014 Sterling Scholar award runners-up
The Deseret News/KSL 2014 Sterling Scholar award winners and runners-up were named Wednesday evening in the culmination of a competition that narrowed down a field of 1,000 candidates to 210, and then to 14, with 28 runners-up, over the past few weeks.
Here's a list of the two runners-up in each of the 14 categories: Business & Marketing, Computer Technology, Dance, English, Family & Consumer Science, Instrumental Music, Mathematics, Science, Skilled & Technical Sciences, Social Science, Speech/Theater Arts/Forensics, Visual Arts, Vocal Performance and World Languages.
>> Students wait in the atrium before they were interviewed and performed or displayed their work as part of the finals for the Deseret News/KSL Sterling Scholars competition at Corner Canyon High School in Draper on Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- 5 parenting lessons learned from movies
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16