Deseret News/KSL 2014 Sterling Scholar award runners-up
The Deseret News/KSL 2014 Sterling Scholar award winners and runners-up were named Wednesday evening in the culmination of a competition that narrowed down a field of 1,000 candidates to 210, and then to 14, with 28 runners-up, over the past few weeks.
Here's a list of the two runners-up in each of the 14 categories: Business & Marketing, Computer Technology, Dance, English, Family & Consumer Science, Instrumental Music, Mathematics, Science, Skilled & Technical Sciences, Social Science, Speech/Theater Arts/Forensics, Visual Arts, Vocal Performance and World Languages.
>> Students wait in the atrium before they were interviewed and performed or displayed their work as part of the finals for the Deseret News/KSL Sterling Scholars competition at Corner Canyon High School in Draper on Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014.
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- Ranking the best season by a running back in...
- Peavler: Bronco Mendenhall and BYU embrace...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 53
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 46
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 42
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 37
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 31