Brigham Young University presidents, past and present
Merrill J. Bateman »11 of 12 «
(1996-2003) Former BYU faculty member and dean who was the first General Authority called to serve as the 11th president of BYU; refined institutional objectives into five university objectives centering on BYU's Mission Statement and Aims of a BYU Education and outlining the standards and aspirations set by the Board of Trustees and contributed greatly to the growth and development of the university in distance education, research--including mentored learning for both graduates and undergraduates, technological development, enrollments, physical facilities, and athletic achievements.
»11 of 12 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'...
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood should...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- Elder Per G. Malm dies at age 67
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time at BYU
Most Commented Across Site
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- Sarah Silverman: Bernie-or-bust Dems... 49
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 45
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 42
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 38
- Clinton wins historic nomination,... 36