Brigham Young University presidents, past and present
Merrill J. Bateman »11 of 12 «
(1996-2003) Former BYU faculty member and dean who was the first General Authority called to serve as the 11th president of BYU; refined institutional objectives into five university objectives centering on BYU's Mission Statement and Aims of a BYU Education and outlining the standards and aspirations set by the Board of Trustees and contributed greatly to the growth and development of the university in distance education, research--including mentored learning for both graduates and undergraduates, technological development, enrollments, physical facilities, and athletic achievements.
»11 of 12 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
Most Commented Across Site
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 139
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 108
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 96
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 90
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 73