High school basketball: Top 10 prep basketball playoff games of 2014
»10 items «
The final three weeks of the high school basketball season were a wild ride for those involved. There were upsets galore sprinkled throughout the 10 state tournaments across the state. When it was all said and done, only four of the 10 teams ranked No. 1 heading into the playoffs went on to win state titles — down two from last year. The five state champions on the girls side were Fremont (5A), Springville (4A), Desert Hills (3A), Enterprise (2A) and Panguitch (1A). Springville was the only repeat winner. The boys state champions were Lone Peak (5A), Bountiful (4A), Morgan (3A), Wasatch Academy (2A) and Monticello (1A). Lone Peak, Morgan and Wasatch Academy were repeat winners. It took 164 playoff games to crown the 10 champions, and here are the Deseret News’ picks for the 10 best playoff games.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after big...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Why I make my kids go to church
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- New mission presidents
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 102
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 76
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 64
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 27