High school basketball: Top 10 prep basketball playoff games of 2014
»10 items «
The final three weeks of the high school basketball season were a wild ride for those involved. There were upsets galore sprinkled throughout the 10 state tournaments across the state. When it was all said and done, only four of the 10 teams ranked No. 1 heading into the playoffs went on to win state titles — down two from last year. The five state champions on the girls side were Fremont (5A), Springville (4A), Desert Hills (3A), Enterprise (2A) and Panguitch (1A). Springville was the only repeat winner. The boys state champions were Lone Peak (5A), Bountiful (4A), Morgan (3A), Wasatch Academy (2A) and Monticello (1A). Lone Peak, Morgan and Wasatch Academy were repeat winners. It took 164 playoff games to crown the 10 champions, and here are the Deseret News’ picks for the 10 best playoff games.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 44
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 27